Driver CPC Initial Qualification is what you may need if you are planing to drive a LGV / HGV for a living and did not pass your car driving test until after 1/1/97 – there are some exemptions.
There are 2 modules to the Driver CPC Initial Qualification
- a theory test (Case Studies)
- a half hour practical test (Vehicle Safety Demonstration)
- Learning material for theory test (Case Studies)
- Theory test booked on your behalf
- Learning material for practical test (Vehicle Safety Demonstration)
- 4 Hours ’1 to 1′ instructor/vehicle time (pre-practical training and test time)
- Use of a vehicle for practical test
- Practical test booked on your behalf
Once you have passed the practical part of the process you will receive your Driver Qualification Card. This lists which categories of vehicle you hold Driver CPC for and the date that they expire.
To continue driving for a living you must do 35 hours (5 x 7 hours) training in each 5 year period from the date that you passed the practical test. This is called Driver CPC Periodic Training.
To book your training please fill in the contact us form at Total Driving.
When attending theory test you MUST have BOTH parts of your licence. When attending practical test you MUST have BOTH parts of your licence and theory certificate.